Our latest webinar, held Tuesday 14th April 2020, had a look at the latest with the JobKeeper Payment Program.
The Government has released further details last week regarding the JobKeeper Payment measures. For many employers it is a vital subsidy and the difference of being able to retain their workforce.
There has been some significant developments since we first discussed this scheme in our webinar on 31 March 2020 and as expected, you had plenty of new questions for us.
We provided an update on the JobKeeper scheme first, explained with practical insights, including:
- Who qualifies – turnover and turnover drop year on year?
- What periods can you use to measure turnover drop?
- How do you measure turnover?
- For which employees can employers claim the subsidy?
- What and when must employers pay employees?
- How is the subsidy payable and administered?
- Unpaid family members of owner managed businesses – who can participate?
- Sole traders – how do they qualify?
We also answered your hard-hitting questions and provided our insight on this tricky new area.
If you are in the Cooper Partners network and would like to watch this webinar, please click here to register.
This webinar is current as of 14 April 2020, however, please note that announcements and changes are being made by the Government and the ATO regularly, and we expect that the tax and business-related responses will continue to evolve. Please contact us to discuss.